Is your skin acting out from wearing mask with acne, facial redness, or other skin issues? Face masks are a necessary fashion accessory these days. Even though they offer protection from viruses, they can stir up skin concerns. Mask materials can irritate skin and lock in bacteria. Below are my top recommendations to help you combat facial issues.
- To avoid acne flare-ups, cleanse the skin morning and night with a great wash to reduce bacterial. My favorites are PCA skin® bpo 5% cleanser or SkinMedica® AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser.
- Use a topical retinol…my favorite is ALASTIN™ skincare RENEWAL RETINOL 0.5™.
- We love PCA® skincare Rebalance moisturizer for calming and balancing skin PH.
- Don’t forget your SPF…Elta MD physical is perfect for acneic skin.
Redness and rosacea
- Use light and breathable materials for mask (humidity and heat can lead to redness). My favorite products for rosacea are ALASTIN™ skincare Gentle cleanser, PCA skin® anti-redness and/or hydrating serum, and PCA® skincare Rebalance moisturizer for calming.
- A low dose retinol in the P.M. (start every 72 hours)…my fav is ALASTIN™ skin care RENEWAL RETINOL 0.25™.
- utilizing multifocal products with salicylic acids and azelaic acids help control bacteria and inflammation…PCA® skincare Acne Gel treats breakouts and prevents post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation.
- Don’t forget SPF…again, Elta MD is a winner.
- Allergies to mask materials my lead to contact dermatitis and post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation. To alleviate discomfort and treat your skin, follow my top favs! Cleanse with ALASTIN™ skincare Gentle Cleanser or PCA® skincare facial wash. Step 2: use a good moisturizer…my favs are PCA® skincare collagen hydrator or SkinMedica® dermal repair cream.
- If your skin is still itchy and presents with hives…PCA® Clinicalm 1% to the rescue.
- You still need SPF…think Elta MD.